25 May 2009

Memorial Day

Today is a day we honor and remember our veterans who went before us and gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Today is the day I go to the cemetery where my Dad is buried as well as his father, my uncle and Dad's Godfather. There's a lot of history at that place. It's by the church where my parents were married, where some of my friends parents had their funerals, and just a lot of memories.

After the service this morning I got to catch up with Pat who is the pastor there now. It was a lot of fun to see her again. We were in sem together and graduated together.

Then it was off to Mom's to mow her lawn. I talked her into vacuuming out my car while I did that. Then back to home to clean and do laundry. MS called because he needed oil for his car and he was at work so he couldn't leave. So I picked that up and got to see him this afternoon for awhile. That was fun to see him in his workplace for once. Luckily it was quiet so we got to talk for awhile.

Then Mom and I headed out to shop for a dress for her for this weekend. I'm not as skilled at this task as KC and SBK are, so I'm not sure what we picked out is what mom will be comfortable in. We actually got her a dress to try something different, but now I'm having second thoughts. Should I be doing that when I encouraged her to try it on? I don't know.

Now, I'm just tired, but I need to get a few things finished so I can go to bed and sleep in peace. Tomorrow will be another day off but not as much work, which will be nice.

I hope you all had a great Memorial Day. It's a great day to honor our loved ones but it's also a great day to spend time with loved ones.

No comments: