06 November 2007

Ups and Downs

It's freaking cold again. I hate cold. I hate heat. I'm such a fair-weather runner. So today I had to run on a ... I almost can't bear to say it ... a treadmill.

Oh the shame, the horror! Nah, it's not that, I'm just not a fan of treadmills. You run and run and go nowhere. I'm always stuck in the tiny garage with sweaty men who want to watch ESPN. Good thing I like sports but yuck. And I don't run with music because I can't run with it in the TCM or the Brookings Marathon so why even practice with it.

At least we have new treadmills in the garage. They run smoother and quieter, which is nice. The one I was on though was a little off so I had to run at a 1% grade just to be level. Weird. Treadmills don't make me happy because my shins tighten up. I can't get the bounce I can get on a road or grass or gravel. It's just so solid.

Anyway. Another sad thing was weighing myself today and realizing I've gained since the marathon. Dammit. So I need to figure out how to drop some poundage...of course, exercising more would be a good start, no?

One good thing, well two. I found a great chicken recipe: chicken breasts, sprinkle with salt, cover with a salsa/hot sauce mix, top with shredded Mexican mix cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or til juices run clear and devour. YUM. And I bought some of my favorite stuffed olives the other day – olives stuffed with jalapeƱos. Double yum.

Yeah, that'll help the diet.

No comments: