13 November 2007

Moe's Randomizer

Today has been an off day, mostly because I wasn't at work, so I just have random things to talk about.

  • I can't understand how anyone where I work would want to complain about their job. We normally have a 4-day work week, working four 10's instead of five 8's. We get to workout at work (in fact, it's highly encouraged). And on weeks like this one where Monday was an official holiday, we also get Tuesday off for our holiday. So we had a four day weekend, we'll have a three day work week, another three day weekend and then two days before Thanksgiving (which we also get Friday after it off – for a fabulous 5 day weekend). Why do people complain? My job is great!
  • E&K: you'll love this one. I had Japanese today. And I loved it, again. AES met with me again to talk a little more about finances. I'm reinvesting some items so I can be well-off when I retire. But he wanted to meet over lunch so we could eat. So we had the California Roll, which I've had before and love, and then the Avocado Eel. Yes, I said eel. I can't believe I ate that but I loved it! E&K, when you guys come to visit we are totally going here and I plan to go a few more times before so I can be better versed on their menu (and maybe this time not tip over my diet coke).
  • I'm no Angela but I did return to knitting last night. I was watching the Monday shows on CBS and decided I should do something productive so I don't eat all night or waste time on the Internet. So I dug into my bag and found a half-completed (or half-started, which do you think?) blanket. This one will be a cluster of just using up some of my yarn but hopefully it'll turn out okay. It'll have a navy side, a myriad of colors in the middle and then light blue on the other end. It felt good to be back doing this again, even though I know I'm pretty basic at it all.
  • Debbie and I have begun planning our trip to Ohio next June (yes, already). We have two goals, maybe three: 1) Go to the Jake and see a game. 2) Go to Cincinnati. We're going to see our friends and some artsy fartsy kind of things. We're so stoked. I can't wait. Now we just have to figure out when to leave and all of the other stuff. (our 3rd goal may be seeing our friend Chris if we can make that work out too).
  • My sleep has been messed up lately. The past couple weeks I've been waking up in the middle of the night for no reason. So Sunday, knowing I could sleep in Monday if need be, I went to bed at what should be my normal time and still woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get to sleep for 2 ½ hours. Man, 150 minutes of tossing and turning until I could finally get to sleep. Yet last night I went to bed 2 hours later than normal and slept til 9. What is going on?

Okay...I'm done boring you for now. I'm sure I can do better tomorrow. Or at least bore you better.


1 comment:

M. said...

Eel is usually awesome - mostly because they put so much sugary soya sauce on it that you can't taste the fish. Congrats on trying something new - and liking it!

If you get the chance, I also highly recommend :
dragon roll (lots of avocado and salmon, tuna)
spicey crunchy tuna roll (the crunchy parts are left over tempura batter - yum!
shrimp tempura roll (don't worry you can eat the tail)
philadelphia roll (normally has salmon, and then a cream cheese cube in the middle)