15 November 2007

Bull's Eye and I missed it

Today was Cities 97 Sampler day. For those of you out of the area, Cities 97 is an awesome local* radio station that puts together a sampler CD of various artists throughout the year. The tracks are from their own recordings in Studio C. The lead track this year is by Shawn Colvin who does a fabulous acoustic version of "Crazy". Remember that song - the up beat, pumping song "you're making me crazy"...well Shawn's version is ethereal. It's amazing. I heard it earlier this year and loved it. So I'm very, very sad I wasn't in the Cities this morning to purchase one.

And yes, this is one of those things that you have to be there the morning of to even have a smidgen of a chance to get a copy. They print only 30,000 copies and every person is limited to two. When they sell out, they sell out. No reprints, no exchanges, no substitutions. You have to find your way to a Target store in the Cities, camp out like you're waiting for a rock concert, and have your money ready.

The best part is that all the money goes to charity. All of it. Which makes it all the better and disproves that stupid email that always goes around this time of year that bitches about Target not allowing bell ringers and that Target doesn't support veterans or charities. A total lie.

So here is the track listing, just in case you were wondering. (You should be able to click on them and hear a bit of the songs.)

http://www.cities97.com/pages/sampler/2007vol19/index.html

A big shout out to Cities 97. Great work and thanks for all you do.

*I just noticed I typed "local" radio station. Well, it's local for those in Minneapolis and St. Paul, but not so local to me anymore. A pleading request to my comm guys at work - please allow streaming so I can listen to this station during the day! I miss it!

1 comment:

jb said...

so, i only heard half of the report as i was heading home today, but i did hear that people were camped out most of the night in sleeping bags and bundled up because it's been cold here this week. i'm sad i missed it, too, but not sad enough to have braved the cold. jetlag or not.