04 November 2007

I'm feeling like a cheater...

So I feel like I'm cheating this NaBloPoMo thing by just posting photos (below) of my adorable niece. I hate feeling guilty so I'm going to write a little. If you'd rather just see the beautiful girl, skip this post and scroll down. I would.

My sleep was so much better last night. I love when we 'fall back'. I went to bed at 10/9 and woke up at 6:30/5:30. It was great. I finally got 8.5 hours of sleep – much needed and the first time in weeks. I love getting 8 hours of sleep and I function so much better when I get that. When I don't, like the last few weeks, then I get crabby – crabbier than I get when I don't have food.

This weekend was a little weird for sleep. Friday I woke up, as I always do on November 2, and mentally wished Kevin and Chris happy birthday. Why I remember their birthday is beyond me and after I mentally send them wishes I always wonder if I do have the right day or if it was actually November 1 instead. Anyway, Kevin was the tallest kid in my class in school – he eventually grew to be 6'10” and his ego was as big as his shoe size. Chris, however, was the shortest in my class, I think he made it to 5'4” but I'm not positive on that. What killed me was that they were born on the same day. How odd is that? In one small town, two kids are born who are basically opposites? So strange, and it's been 25 years but I still remember.

The other anomaly was this morning at 3:18 (or 2:18 if you had already turned your clock back) and I woke up to a scream and a door slam. This freaked me out because I thought back a year ago when my neighbor upstairs had woken me the same way, except that time it was because a rock had come at her when she was sitting at her computer in front of a window. (I still have the rock – it wasn't small, let me just say.) So I sat in panic for 20 seconds waiting for another scream, but I'm pretty sure (crossing my fingers and praying this is true) that it was just a fight between a boy/girl friend and she was kicking him out of the apartment.

I thought I was past all this. I thought I was in a safer neighborhood, and I guess I am, it's just I hate being woke up, in the middle of the night, when I'm having a good dream and warm and happy under my electric blanket. Not that I don't expect couples to fight, I just hate the drag down, kicking and screaming and slamming kind.

Which leads to another topic but I'll let that one go for now because I don't really have an answer or thought process for that one yet.

Anyway, I'm hoping for another 8-hour night and getting back in sync with myself.

No comments: