08 November 2007

A tribute to the O'Jays

So the mug thing has sort of resolved itself. The guy who gave me one found another extra on his desk that he gave to the woman who lost hers. This still doesn't resolve the fact that I was passively accused yet never confronted about it and I doubt the truth will ever come out and this will be a stain on my social economy forever. Grrr.

And that kind of pisses me off, because no matter what – she has her mug now – the element of question and accusing is still out there. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells all the time now. I was walking down the hallway behind her today and I wanted to scream out “I didn't take your damn mug!”

See, I told you I have issues.

Anyway, my tribute to the O'Jays stems from my meeting today with AES regarding my finances. Woohoo! Apparently I have more money that I thought and my portfolio isn't as bad as it would have been. AES has some good plans for me which will be great in the long run I think. And I've known him for years and I trust that he will be a great financial planner for me. It's his passion to help people and he's been telling me this stuff for years.

So, to K&E who have been hoping I'd get some equity soon, my portfolio isn't looking too bad and I'm hoping to buy a house in the next couple years. There are some job issues, that if they happen may make that happen sooner than later because it will completely change my money scheme. And if not, I'm okay with waiting. I really do like my apartment and the location (despite some earlier posts). I'm happy right now. (I'm even decorating with our favorite artist...more to come on that one.)

So life is good today. I took off work early to meet with AES and now I need to do a little laundry.

Oh and I broke down and turned on my heat. It was 63 in here when I came home tonight. Last night a friend was over and I was literally shaking the entire time we were talking. So I guess it's time.

There goes money down the drain.

No comments: