26 November 2007

It's time I return

Those who know me know that up until maybe a year and a half ago, maybe even a year ago, I had pretty short hair. Hell, two years ago it was a pixie cut; last year it was just over a bob; now it's past my shoulder blades.

This is all well and good. I can put my hair up into a make-shift bun for work and the rest of the week I can pull it into a ponytail or braid it in the back (not that I do this well, but I try). I do like that I have options with my hair, not that I use them, but options are nice.

My one big beef is that I shed. I hate shedding. I know I did with short hair too, as it is natural for people to lose some hair each day, but at least it was small and not quite as distinguishable. Now it's like it's everywhere. Hair here, hair there. It drives.me.nuts.

I really, really have come to hate it when I'm washing my hair and I pull out hair. I hate wet hair on my hands. but in the shower I don't want to wash it down the drain (for fear of clogging). So I've decided to put it on my shower wall.

This I now define as Hair Art. I don't have a patent on this yet but I do create hair art.

Yes, I pull the loose hair from my head and place it on the wall. Then I take pictures of it before cleaning it off. (I don't keep them.)

As gross as this sounds, I do like some of them. Here are two of my favorites (two see texture, click to open large versions, but enter at your own risk):


Yes, it's time for me to go back to work.


3 comments:

KJ said...

I think that is hilarious. I put mine on the shower wall too, and throw it away after I shower - At least yours looks kinda pretty. Mine is a dark rats nest of nastiness.

Anonymous said...

I do that, too, though I never considered it art. My husband certainly doesn't think so. I always try to remember to clean it but rarely do until later.

Megan said...

You'll never believe this, but I had a dream about all this last night after reading this post. It had something to do with you having, like, waist-length hair and, like, hair-braided ropes or something, and there was more but I don't remember it... Apparently your blogging is very influential in my subconscious.