14 January 2009

Mail anyone?

Remember when I had all those free samples that I listed and posted a picture of? Yeah, well, my reasoning behind ordering those was so I'd get mail. I like getting mail - it's fun! And free samples are much better than me ordering useless dreck that ends up stuck in storage somewhere (which I've also done).

The last few months I have been the supply gal for my section, which means to order anything they have to go through me to do it. Then I get the packages, check off that we received the proper items and then I get to play Santa and deliver to the sections. This has been kind of good and bad. It's good in that I get to make people happy with fun things like Post Its (my favorite) or Ice Scrapers or staplers. And I get my need for packages out of my system, sort of. The bad thing is that I have to give everything away and still do all the paperwork required for them.

I miss getting packages in the mail, but one of my vows this year was that I would not order random things. My finance guy really wants me to buy a house this spring and I'm not going to be able to do that buying extra t-shirts for running or books that I don't have time to read (ironic I type this as my higher HQ boss just sent his reading list for the quarter).

But I still miss mail. Anyone want a pen pal?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog on the NaBloPoMo January 2009 Blogroll.

I miss mail! I can't believe I finally met someone else who orders things just to have those lovely little packages arriving for them! :-D

Instead of ordering things, I finally starting joining round-robin craft groups and other mail-fun groups like Secret Santas and so on. Less expensive (sometimes!) and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy and somebody-loves-me.