30 January 2009

Finishing up change

The theme this month for NaBloPoMo was Change. Next month is Want.

It's interesting because these kind of go together, especially in my life right now. A couple months ago, after a postmortem with K&E about a trip I had had, they encouraged me to change my secluded lifestyle and try to venture out and meet more people.

This is probably a good thing because as I sit on my couch on this Saturday night and I think about my close friends, I realize that I have 2, maybe 3 if I can count my running partner, within an hour. After that, my friends are beyond an hour away, in MN, WI, MI, Texas, WA, CA, Ill, and Iowa.

I need to get out of my house more - though this will be a change because I really am an introvert and like my time alone. But that said, I don't want to be alone forever. I want to find someone to share my life.

But how do you do that? And if you do, how do you know which one is the one? Any ideas? I'm sending this out to the internet void because I know a lot of you have met your lifemate and I want to know how you did it and how you knew that despite some of their annoyances, that you wanted to be with them. help.

4 comments:

KJ said...

Oooh, oooh, ooh, am I CA?
Yay!

Gosh... I guess you know when it just works for both people. My husband is the most annoying person I know, but... in ways I can live with! lol. Before I met him I sat down and took a good long look at who I really am/what I really offer in a relationship, and then what I really wanted vs. what I thought I wanted or the stuff that was actually superficial. Writing it down helped me. Realized that the most important things to me were the "how I want to live" and "how I want to raise my kids" type things, and that I needed to look for somebody I would be friends with foremost (that didn't mean be friends for a long time just... a guy I WOULD be good friends with, in addition to girlfriend/lover/wife.) I know opposites attract, but its the things you have in common with someone that make living life a breeze.

~moe~ said...

You are! And no one caught that I said I was typing that on a Saturday night when it was indeed a Friday.

Anonymous said...

I guess people say all this all the time to you, that when you meet him, you will know. I believe it's true. I think getting out more will help. what do you think about meeting people over the internet? I know quite a number of people who have met their soulmate over the internet

~moe~ said...

Thanks, Grace. I do need to get out more and I am dabbling in the Internet dating. It's been okay and I do think you have to go through a lot of duds until you find the right one. I'm just impatient and tired of all the games of trying to find him. :) This might be a good test for me.