18 April 2009

"You animal!"

So I'm in Wisconsin visiting my favorite people - K&E and my Goddaughter, Nika. I love this weekend, and it's only been a little over 24 hours. :) I'm always happy when I'm here...these folks help me feel whole again. Thank you K&E!!!

This morning I was going to go running, but when I woke up after 8 hours of sleeping, as I do, I just didn't quite feel like getting up. So I stayed in bed. Of course, I've said it before, this house is great for sleeping.

We decided to take advantage of the perfect spring day and go to the zoo. K&E had gotten a year pass when Nika was born, so they activated it this week. What a great zoo! Of course, I'm always excited about a place that opens with penguins. My disappointment was not seeing the tortoises, but I'll see those when I go to the zoo at home sometime. It was the perfect day though, and we went at just the right time. As we were heading out it got really busy.

Lunch was at a place called Stir Crazy, which was basically Asian with an option for something like a HuHot. We opted for just having them serve us. We ended up with a free appetizer (their mistake) and all had great meals. Our server was great and kept me in iced tea, so I was a happy camper. mmm

We ditched E (he had a work meeting) and K and I and her sister went shopping for a Wii and WiiFit for her. K&E have it at home and love it. I will admit I got a little excited about it too, but until I buy a new TV and other electronics, it's not really an option.

Tonight we had dinner and just hung out until we decided to try out the WiiFit. It's pretty fun. I'm still a die-hard runner though, but this was a nice change. Maybe someday I'll get it.

The other awesome thing about today was the shellacking of the Yankees by the Cleveland Indians! GO TRIBE! I couldn't believe it when I logged on this afternoon in the middle of the game and discovered the Indians were up 14-2. Yes, fourteen runs in the 2nd inning. How insane! The boys ended up beating the Yanks 22-4. What a day!

No comments: