13 April 2009

It's a good thing I love my car.

I spent 8 hours today in my Mini. Yep...8 hours.

Most of my friends thought I was absolutely insane. "You're going where? You're getting up when? You're leaving at what time? And you're coming back the same day?"

Yep. I had a massage appointment today at 10 in the cities...an approximate 4 hour drive away. And for most other people this would be insane and they'd drive up the night before. But I get up at 4:30 or 5 each day anyway so this wasn't a big deal to me. It's not like I needed to be dressed to the nines.

So I left around 5:30 and got there by 9:30 - time enough spared to get fuel for the trip back and make a pit stop - and I still made my appointment early.

OH...what a great appointment. 2.5 hours of massage therapy and boy, did I need it! It was only supposed to be a 2 hour session but I was so tight that Keith had to put in overtime, all the while saying, "Promise me you won't wait two months again. PROMISE!"

Alright. I can't turn that down and truthfully, the more often I go the less pain it is because my muscles can stay the way they are supposed to be (maintenance instead of fixing at that point). Now if only I could get him to move south... hmmmm....

After the session, Keith and I went to Good Earth for lunch. I was excited because we don't have this in my town and I do love their food. Too bad they screwed up our order and we had to leave for Keith's next session. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Then it was off to see Debbie. I haven't seen her in MONTHS so I had to visit her at work. She's such a doll. We caught up, exchanged gifts and chatted it up.

Then back on the road for me. It was a whirlwind trip but I really needed to get out of this town, even if only for 7 hours. I needed it.

Now, back to the grind.

No comments: