31 July 2009

Where's my camera?

I really need to take some pictures this weekend. Yesterday MS and I moved another huge load of rock and finished up the retaining wall area and a little bit around the culverts. It was a very long day. I started it with a 6.29 mile run and then headed to the house to work. By 7pm I was spent but we had a bit more work to do. MS finished up moving the extra rock around 10:30, took a quick shower, then we took the Ditch Witch back to the rentall place.

Insane, we are.

But it's looking amazing! It's hard to believe that three months ago when we started dating the yard around the house was just dirt and thistles. Now it's grass, trees, sprinklers, retaining wall, rock, flag pole, garden, and more. It's incredible.

This should be a quiet weekend - just mowing and little things to do. MS leaves for a week long trip to visit some of his friends before they deploy for 6 months. I'm not going along on this one - I have work and a bunch of appointments I need to take care of while he's away. I will miss him though.

I'm so tired though...I've been dragging all day, so I think I'm going to go to bed soon and then get up and run. YAY for running!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ug...Could I please have your enthusiasm for running, now...as in right now? I'm on the outs with running, at least until I find some energy.
When I first read your post, I thought perhaps MS was going on deployment for 6 months, and I thought, OMG she seems so CALM! And then I realized, No. It's not him.
Karen

~moe~ said...

Karen - my enthusiasm isn't always there either. It's all I can do to drag my butt out of bed, get it into a pair of shorts, tie the shoes and walk out the door. Even after the latter I still sometimes struggle, but I also know i have 9 weeks until the marathon so I have to get some runs in - maybe not long ones, but at least consistent ones.

No, MS isn't leaving except for a little over a week. :) Miss you.