01 August 2009

Runner's Foot

I'm getting runner's foot. This is nothing like athlete's foot where it gets all scaly and itchy and you need medicine for it. This is worse.

I have a tan line. :(

My feet from the ankles down are white...white, white, white. But my legs are nice and tan (up to about mid-thigh, which is a whole other disease all together, but related). I hate this part of running. I love the feeling of power my legs have as they carry me across the trails. I love that feeling of accomplishment at the end of a run when I have run well.

But I hate that I get a tan line from my socks and shoes. It's not all from running, since it's also from working in the yard with MS, but it still sucks. I just hope I don't have anything important that I'd need a skirt for in the next couple months. It's just going to get worse.

Because there are 9 weeks to Twin Cities Marathon and I need to run a lot. Today's run was great. I had a great 6 miles today with about 10:33 for the average pace: (10:20, 10:09, 10:06, 10:19, now going into wind 10:41 and 11). I love runs like these. I just need to keep these going and go longer than just 6 miles. In 9 weeks I'll need to quadruple that plus a little. I can do it, I know I can, but I need to keep going and lose a little weight and continue to get stronger.

This I can. I can do. This I can do.

But the runner's foot still bothers me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes... the beauty of the sock line AND the short line! Running does have some amazing benefits for the body, but I wouldn't call this one a "benefit". Even with using sunblock consistently, I still end up with those lines!