07 August 2009

Getting there a bit at a time

What a weird day, but to be expected considering it was Friday. I got to work and immediately three people walked in to check on a project. Then MS called and I had to put him off which ended up me putting him off for the rest of the day because he had other stuff going on too. :(

But the rest of the morning was a blur, but productive. I picked up my other new glasses, which I'm not sure that I like, but they'll work for work and are transition lenses (at least supposed to be, I haven't tried that out yet) so that's good. I'll keep the red ones for fun. Then SBK and I ran to our new lunch place - the Mix.

The Mix is cool because it's a meal place where you start with a shot of aloe for digestion, then a cold herbal tea (Peach is my favorite), then a protein shake and they have some really good flavors. Yesterday I had Apple Pie, today Strawberry Cheesecake. The meals are all between 200 and 400 calories...a perfect meal and a great getaway for SBK and me.

When I got back to the office I told Boss2 I was going to shut my door so I could get caught up on the rest of my projects. It worked, for the most part, but I'm sure I pissed off a few people in the building. I really don't care. I finally got caught up on my monthly presentation I have to put together but haven't needed since early March. That was a big one.

I have a few more projects to finish tomorrow and I had a couple ideas on the way home on ways to help me with that...hopefully they will work. This weekend will be busy at work, so it's a good thing MS is gone. I'd be spastic. :)

I did get MS's lawn mowed, other than the ditches in the front that didn't look too bad. Wednesday I'm going to leave work a bit early so I have plenty of time to finish it all at once before he returns.

Anyway, I'm feeling better folks. I can't wait until MS returns. It'll be nice to have him back. I need a hug. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, sounds like a good friday, although I gotta be honest that mix place sounds a little hippy for SD. Never had Aloe before in a meal...

And be careful mowing those ditches.

~moe~ said...

I know! That was my thought too, but apparently it's a huge hit in Aberdabber. Crazy. And it's in the new, up-n-coming, trendy part of town. Pretty cool place.