28 March 2009

Mucho better!

I think it was the oatmeal.

Yep, it's gotta be the oatmeal that did it. Yesterday I forgot my oatmeal at home and had to eat breakfast bars from EB. And as you read the day was a horrid extravaganza.

Today, I had my oatmeal and it was actually a very good day. My Boss1 briefing this morning went really well; the pee tests we had to have went great - and were quite funny actually; and then some really good things:

I got my homework from my inspector yesterday finished before noon and when she came by she apologized because what I pulled together wasn't going to count on my inspection (as bad or good) but she wanted me to be aware of it because new inspections beginning next month will need the info she made me track. It was a great moment actually. We talked, we laughed, she gave me some pointers and then said we passed. YAY!

Next up was my files which need to be in a set order as well. RG was working diligently on them and LH came over to tell him what we really needed to focus on. I learned something about RG - he can get things done when there's a light under his ass (kind of like me). He finished up the files and ordering system in about 3 hours and we passed that too.

Our inspector for that portion was hilarious and when we were finished he coerced me into calling LH and telling her he had found a bunch of violations. I played it up but couldn't keep the smile off my face. I really thought she was going to call me on it but she didn't. He went over to actually brief her on what went on and she called me declaring revenge. It was great.

All in all, the day went SO much better than I expected. We have one more day to go and we'll get our final results on Tuesday. I'm feeling pretty optimistic, but there's always a chance. So I'm going to continue to pray and hope for the best.

A side note though: I have many friends in the Fargo Moorhead area. If you're so inclined, please keep those folks in the SE ND area and NE SD area in your prayers and thoughts. It's going to be rough the next few weeks.

No comments: