26 March 2009

Here we go!

Today was a whirlwind of a day. Inspectors arrived and wow, here it starts. The bad thing was that everything got pushed earlier so my plans to finalize things all got shortened. I had to add a couple other supply buys which took some extra time and at one point I just opened a file drawer and shoved papers in. Ugh. Not a good way.

But tonight before I left for the night, I typed up part of my contingency book - a fabulous binder for people who may have to step into my job if I leave and take over (of course I'm ALWAYS there and when I'm not it's because I don't need to be there, so why put this together? I don't know).

Part of this binder is to put in writing everything you do on a daily, weekly, monthly basis and then how to do it. I got 4 pages done, small font at 11pt, and I'm still not done. It's insane what I do...not everyday, but often enough that I have to list it. I got the main points down but over the next few days I really need to update this a bit more. What an insane project but I suppose it's one of those that I have to do.

Tomorrow the inspectors begin their process. I have an 8:30 for sure on one of my programs. After that I have no idea what to expect. I'm hoping it'll be work as normal, but we'll see. This will go all weekend. Then we'll find out our results on Tuesday. Should be interesting. Crossing fingers and praying a lot.

No comments: