30 September 2005

speeders

it's hard to follow the law when the law itself doesn't. I'm not trying to be theological here, just basic law. I'm driving home today just north of Windom. The speed limit recently has increased from 55 to 60 in this area, so being the good girl I am I'm only going about 62 or 63. Suddenly I see a sheriff's car in my rearview and so i tap it down to 60. Fine, fine. The cops (there were two in the car) follow me into Windom - during this time of following me I see a van tailgating the cop, occasionally pulling to the side to see who or what is holding up traffic. At Windom the cops pull around me, still going the speed limit because it doesn't slow down right away and the van pulls around me too. Soon it's 30 mph in town and I begin following the cops - who are still doing 45 and the van has been not only swerving in and out of traffic, but passes the cops (he's speeding too, natch). I continue to follow the friendly neighborhood peace officers and soon find them going72 or 73 in a 65 mph zone. now normally this wouldn't bother me, but the van has shot by the cops and is way out in the lead and the cops didn't do a thing?! what happened to the crackdown on speeders? The state had offered up monies to pay the cops overtime to help this problem, but the cops are doing it too?!! Where is the justice?

Now I know that now I have written this, i'll be certain to be pulled over this weekend on my way to IA or back home. I'm almost certain. And I'm going to be ticked if I do, yet relieved that someone is doing their job and bringing the law down on me, a sinner and law breaker. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What I can't figure out is what kind of stupid driver (ie: the van) pulls around two cop cars?? And you know darn well if it had been you you would have gotten a ticket.

Ahh...so are the ways of life!!

Have fun in Iowa sweetie...Elizabeth says "Hi" to Auntie Sara!!

Pam