12 September 2005

Days 40-9, 41-10, 42-11

Nevermind. We couldn’t run because it was too windy. Ugh. What a world…not that I’m complaining…it was windier than snot but man. So I had to do the stupid step test again. It’s so inaccurate. For those who don’t know, the step test is a 3-minute 1-foot step up to a cadence (up – up – down - down) then your buddy checks your pulse, counting for 1 full minute within 3-seconds of completing the test. This is tricky especially if you can’t find pulses well. So I did my test and my buddy counted for the minute and came up with 79. HA! That’s SO unlikely, especially when 3 weeks ago I counted 137 and Kristi counted 122. But, at least it’s not just me since I counted Tammy at 67. blech. So we went with 110 for her and 114 for me. We figured that was fairly fair since neither of us is truly trained in checking pulses. So whatever. In 6 months I get to do it all again but I’m hoping I can talk them into letting me run instead – especially since by then I should have a 10K under my belt!

No comments: