29 September 2005

panoramic

Months ago I made a change in my life. Or at least I tried. besides turning 30, I felt I needed to work on my inner-self and become the person I really am versus the person I thought people wanted me to be. Lying in bed last night I wondered if I had succeeded at all, in any small way, yet. I’m not sure my negativity has gone away even though I’ve stopped hanging out with Bob and Margaret. I want it to though…hell, if anything has taught us that life is too short, it’s hearing about Richard’s death, all the victims of Katrina and all those who have died in Iraq. Life is worth so much more than being negative and worrying about every little detail. Of course then you get, well I get, to the question of the purpose of life. I must really be exhausted to be thinking about the meaning of life. maybe I should just watch monty python again. but really, I looked around and I see some of my friends doing SO much with their life and helping others, and I wonder about the rest of us – what is our purpose? Did God really intend for us to be sitting at a computer typing away on ems trying to make sure everyone has a meeting space?

This morning was the most beautiful sunrise. Looking east, a bright blue sky with some orange and yellow highlights bounced off the lingering clouds from the cool night. As I looked west this morning, the reflection off the mpls skyline was incredible – there were gray clouds as a backdrop for a stunning display of steel and power. What a panoramic view I had! Such a glorious look at God’s creation.

3 comments:

kendi said...

hilmoe-
i think you are in a good place, because you're able to ask all these questions about your life and figure out what to do next. i really believe you're on the cusp of something big, some change that will bring more joy and sense of fulfillment in your life. that's my prayer for you, anyway.

perhaps you're not meant to sit at a computer for the rest of your life, making deals with ems. for now, though, you're good at it, and you make a lot of good things possible. so, keep your eyes out for what else there might be, but know that in the meantime you're doing a good job.

~moe~ said...

thanks honey. can't wait to see you in two days. :)

Justin G said...

moe,

ditto to the above stated remarks. and also, i always thought once i made it to being able to put ems reservations in, i had really made it big- and now you are doubting that???

just kidding...but really your role cannot be taken lightly at the sem- you play a vital part of that community- god only knows where you will go next, but i see something else in the future. i am looking for some partime staff out here/???