30 September 2005

Why I’m single…just kidding, Tré :)

Tré and I were planning to get together tonight…still are if it works out…but she had forgotten about a bowling obligation she had. Below is the realization conversation with her cutie, no-need-for-a-schedule, sweetheart of a guy…


J: "They said it was Friday night, you were sitting right there."

T: "No, Joel, when I was there, they said 'next weekend' and did not state which night. I assumed it was going to be Saturday. He must have said something to you some time this week--you do live together."

J: "No, you were there when they said it...I suppose we don't have to go"

T: "No I said I--WE--would go--in fact I was the one that committed us and then you okayed it. So what time is it at? 8? 9?"

J: "I don't know...if you don't want to go..."

T: "Knock it off. It's fine. Fine fine fine whatever. Just let me know what time."

J: "So do you want to go to the roping on Sunday, then?"

T: "You told me on Wednesday that you decided not to go."

J: "Well, the guys are coming up from Parkston, so I'm thinking I'm going to enter and rope with them."

T: "I do want to go because I've not ever seen you rope yet, However--(Here Tré goes into tirade about stress and although it's a weekend, it's go go go and really she can't handle much at this point...not to mention the upcoming elk hunt and Sat and Sun are her ONLY days to shoot the 30-06 where as Joel can do it whenever during the week and let the whole tirade just be a warning that the fuse is short--not crabby, but it won't take much to push her over the edge into some sort of something--could be insane laughter, an angry outburst or crying--who knows what or when? And so meeting some of his roping buddies is actually a more stressful thing at this point than fun and pleasant..yaddda yadda yadda)---so anyway, what time is the roping at on Sunday--when do we have to be there?"

J: "I don't know. Could be 10, or 1 or 2..."

T (imitating Charlie Brown): "AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH"

No comments: