11 November 2006

To all the Veterans

To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country's service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nation. ~President Woodrow Wilson

Some of you know, I have friends in the military, friends I hold near and dear to my heart. My father and uncles served in the Air Force and my brother in the Army National Guard. This is an important weekend to honor those who serve our country. I ask you, despite what you think of the war going on or what you think of the military in general, consider thanking these individuals for their service.

No comments: