20 November 2006

It's like heroin

Yep, I think I'm addicted.

Today I was at my workplace where they have (!) blocked personal blogs due to personal content. I couldn't check a blog all day. No wonder I'm a bit looped tonight. My mother thought it was just the rum and coke, and then rum and Crystal Lite, but no...it truly was the lack of being able to read blogs all day. Heavens! Whatever shall I do?!?

Less than a 2 days before my first interview for one of the four jobs I'm looking at right now. I wish I had a white board I could write out all the pros and cons and compare all of them side by side. Or if there was just a sign that would beam down and tell me which one is going to be the right one. As my friend Brenda says, "You need a burning bush!" no shit. I totally need that right now. This silence isn't quite working for me.

It's not that one job is better than the other - well, except for one which is truly at the bottom of the list. They all have their good points, they all have their great points, but they all also have these horrid points that scare the living crap out of me. Because if I pick one and the horrid points come to light then I'm screwed and have missed out on other great opportunities. But if I pick the other and those horrid points come out, well...you see the pattern here. So it almost comes down to which horrid points are going to be less horrid. That's where I need the white board.

Or for heaven's sake, the burning bush.

5 comments:

Karen Elizabeth said...

how well do I understand the need for a burning bush. I can't believe there is no personal blogging at your workplace- I would get loopy as well. Blogging and checking blogs makes me feel better about the world- or something like that. Blessings on the interviews!

M. said...

Good luck! I know you will land safely. And if those rotten points come bubbling up (and they will, because that's life) you will have the strength to deal with it. Have faith!

Beege said...

Doesn't any job have it's horrors, though? I mean, that's why it's a job and not a lifetime vacation they give you money to show up for. It's just figuring out if the perks outweigh the pricks, and taking it from there. :) ~linnea's mom

PS: Regarding blocking blogs--that's just SO typical, isn't it? That place is going to hell in a very pious handbasket.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the interviews. I'm finding this NaBloPoMo to make blog reading even more addictive than before. Because! You never know when somebody might post again! The same day you already checked!

No one job will ever equal the appeal of all the other jobs that you didn't take--it's the nature of the world. Find one that takes good care of you, where you feel you can contribute the most and still feed yourself.

jb said...

"No one job will ever equal the appeal of all the other jobs that you didn't take--it's the nature of the world." this is the smartest thing i've ever heard in my life. when you finally make your decision, you're gonna have to own it because no matter what you'll play the "what if" game for months afterward. hang in there, kiddo.