31 October 2005

weekend tidbits

So the change to the blog has taken place. I officially posted regarding SB on my new blog this morning only. I’ll probably have less comments from people but I’m okay with that. I just needed to keep my life in order. I had a fabulous weekend. Friday night hung out with the girls until they had to make an emergency visit to the vet. Franny had been hit by a car while we were eating dinner and broke her pelvis and tail. Hyde must be wearing off on me since I cared more about this event than I normally would have considering she’s a cat. :) but I was worried for her, and for a1 & a2. It comes down to family. Franny had been part of their lives for 15 years. She’s no longer just a pet, she’s a family member.

Anyway, so our girl’s night was cut super short but that was completely understandable. I actually hung out with a1 & a2 more this weekend than I have in a long time. It was great! We raked the lawn Saturday AM then Sunday afternoon they came down for pie innards and cookies. Then we went to see Prime. Not a bad movie but not as funny as I thought it would be from the ads. They had one outstanding line, which of course I forgot at home today. I’ll have to drop it here tomorrow.

Great weekend overall…I didn’t go into work and successfully had an actual weekend. I refuse to feel guilty for not coming in, even though I’ll be gone to a seminar all day tomorrow and am taking Friday off. What’s the point of working extra the weekend before to make up for taking time off if the time off you’re taking is for time you have worked extra already?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmm....where to start with this one???

1) the line that you're referring to is "does it really matter the denomination when the love of christ is concerned?" (said by jewish meryl streep to husband regarding jewish son's christian girlfriend)

2) i am so glad to have played such a large part in your fabulous weekend, accroding to your blog, but i know why you *really had a fabulous weekend, and even though i'd like to think it had something to do with us, i think ultimately, not. hmmmmmm.....your silence young jedi perplexes me, it does. wait i will, to see if in the future, share more, you might.

3) for all you cat *lovers (cough, cough) out there...our little frannie is doing just fine. a little constipated and on strict "cage rest" for at least a month, but she'll recover it seems. and sara, seriously, thanks for your care and concern. it's nice to know even though you don't like the little furballs in general, that you care about our little kitty :)

~moe~ said...

I should clarify that the fabulous weekend wasn't because Frannie got hit...that wasn't it at all. And Hyde has rubbed off on me and I'm liking MOST cats now - Hyde, Frannie, O'Ryan, Nicky, Sabrina...those are the only ones I really know though. :)