04 October 2005

day 64-3

Perception is an interesting thing. My perception is changing. 2 weeks ago I thought I was looking skinny and getting smaller. Yesterday I realized that I now look at myself again as heavy and flabby. My perception has changed since I have slimmed down some. Of course, I’m still not where I want to be, which could be part of the issue, but I think your mind shifts with how you start to feel and since I have always been the fat girl, I will always see myself as the fat girl, no matter if I whittle myself down to a stick (which isn’t my plan – just a small tree limb – one that only squirrels can climb on).

1 comment:

kendi said...

i know the feeling...perception is everything, especially when you get accustomed to getting smaller. i fight that even now, feeling like i should be losing more weight, even if i'm the same as i was last fall. it's tricky, but try to stay positive and to think about other aspects of yourself besides your physical appearance. that helps.