24 October 2005

There was dancing!

This weekend was good, shockingly enough. The dance went really well which made me really happy. I had to book the band and so I immediately called my favorite band, The Jaztronauts. They do a mix of stuff, but mostly jazz and small combo stuff – not big band, as they said they’re about 14 members short to do true big band music. They were great though. Very funny. The last hymn before the postlude was "Let All Things Now Living" (LBW#557) and as I was preparing the band to start after Ferg finished his postlude they said, “You know this song right now is on our playlist tonight. We actually do this one.” Haha…okay, the way I wrote it, it wasn’t funny. You had to be there. ANYWAY, I couldn’t believe that people were actually dancing! Seminary people DANCING – dancing in the NARTHEX! Get this, those of you who know them: Bill and Anita Smith shaking their bootie on the dance floor! Mike and Eva, Rick and Nina, Rick’s brother Karl even! It was great! Students showed up, too! It really was a great feeling, knowing that people enjoyed themselves and I had a small part in it.

The weekend otherwise was fine. I really had little to do with the whole event, other than helping cah out with tasks. But Rick is officially installed and everything was great. Now the board is here and we’re still on our toes.

Oh, and I met a guy. :)

2 comments:

Leland said...

congrats on your contributions to the weekend. i knew as soon as i saw that the music for the dance was the jaztronauts that you were somehow involved. little did i know how involved..... oh, and i met a woman (sorry no fancy link here).

Anonymous said...

Okay. In relation to your *freaking out* tonight about Brett know about "the guy" I must say this, I'm sorry if you didn't want me to say anything and I hope that you don't mind that Brett knows.

And in reference to Leland meeting *a woman*, go Leland!!

also, it's 2:27 am and I'm writing a paper...i want to sleep but I couldn't even if I tried, toooo wired on fritos and pop. Life is good. Also listening to a little Big Daddy Weave, and if you don't know who they are, you're missing out.
That's it. Back to writing.
Peace,
Karen