04 October 2005

new pastor on the block

Saturday I had the pleasure and honor of singing at k’s ordination. It was so wonderful and I was SO nervous. K looked beautiful and the service was downright memorable and meaningful. Seeing e in his stole made me feel sad and guilty again for not making it to his. Seeing s&j was fun. S and I had some fun putting together k’s ‘senior photo’ shoot. Can’t wait to see that one. :)

The service was wonderful. I was completely overwhelmed with all these emotions going on. Part of me was just exhausted because last week was a go-go-go-go week (not be confused with a week a-go-go) and by the time I got to Saturday night I was just on edge and sensitive about everything. So for that I became a sap. It was really touching when k’s family surrounded her at the font and related her steps leading in her faith and to this new ministry that I began to well up. Welling turning to leaking which staid the course of the entire service. I felt like an idiot (still do). K-I’m sorry. It was great to see you and E though. I can’t wait to see you in 10 days. YAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you should really get a hold of those emotions. JUST KIDDING! You're great!
ps. so what really happened to the Metro's paper stand...grand theft?