30 September 2007

A little behind, a little forward

I'm finally watching Grey's Anatomy from Thursday night. I have a feeling as this next month continues I'll be doing a lot of catching up on the weekend. Mostly because I have 2 tests I need to study for and complete – one before the end of the month, the other asap thereafter. October is going to be busy.

So to try to prepare to move forward, I took a moment to look back. I started with two years ago (see, there are benefits to having the blog thing) and I looked at this post.

I sometimes still wonder about my purpose in life. I have, at least, moved on from just entering items into EMS and telling people where the bathroom is. I'm still, on occasion, working on the negativity thing but I do think I'm doing my best to keep that at bay. The past 9 months have been interesting – living closer to the family has been great though at times very stressful living SO close to mom. I love my mom, but there are times when I just want to scream. Oh well.

But then I looked at this post from a year ago. This was a hellacious night (did I spell that right?). It's kind of blurred from my memory anymore especially since this was a late night. I'd type, do some crunches, go to bed, toss and turn, and then start all over again. I think this went on until about 4. It sucked.

And now I'm not there. All this worry and stress was for nothing. Over the next three months I applied and interviewed for two jobs, had two on the back burner (not including the one I was in) and ended up moving on to the second job I interviewed for and it was the best move I could have made.

I love my job.

I know that seems really odd to hear when a year ago I thought I loved that job and it was stolen from me, in a matter of speaking. I still wonder why, why she was chosen over me for that position, but it's not as big of a concern anymore since I'm in such a great position. My boss is phenomenal – we laugh, we joke, when I screw up he doesn't hold it against me, and we have a great working relationship. And it's not just him, the other bigwigs around whom I work with are fabulous too. I feel included, I feel respected, and I know that if I ever needed to talk with any of them about anything I could.

So now I'm looking forward. One week from now I'll have completed the marathon, running with the superwoman JB who runs at top speed. After that my focus will be for my NCO Academy course solely, then my 7-level training. October will be a crazy, busy month – but I think it will be pretty fabulous.