21 September 2007

Blahness

Today has been one of those days. I didn't get as much done as I should have, though I am happy that I was able to provide a little help to someone applying for another job (though when he called at the end of the day as he was getting ready to lick the envelope and he saw a rather blatant typo, I felt a bit like poop).

At the end o' the day I was invited to join some of the gang down the hall for a drink and a game of cards. That was fun, actually. I'm not usually one to hang out with co-workers but these aren't bad people to be friends with (especially since they control the money).

But it's still one of those days. I came home to an cold, empty apartment muttering to myself a Lydia line, “I am alone. I am utterly alone.” (“We're here for your daughter, Chuck.”) It's a little scary how these feelings can slip in under the radar and knock you for a loop. Suddenly, everything is a little grayer, a little more rainy (which I usually like), a little more blah. Which means then that I'm blah. Which lately that's what I've been feeling.

This marathon has been encompassing almost my every thought and probably word and deed too, which I'm sure is driving my friends insane. Although, maybe not every word and deed since my boss didn't realize I was running it. But it still feels like it. 15 days. I booked my room at the Inn so I'm set for that at least.

It just seems that this is most of what I'm thinking about and I'm sad that my brother who knows about this and especially my RB isn't able make it to cheer me on, or at least the latter being able to see me finish since he's been the one person there from the beginning – through all the sweat (literally) and tears.

I don't know...I'm just feeling blah.

Oh and the shits of everything...what I thought was opening this fall looks now to be opening not until March. Sad. But I do like the new trailer.

1 comment:

Megan said...

It's out here already, and I really want to see it, but movies are tres expensive here. Sigh. I'll wait with you to see it 'til March.

And you're still awesome.