26 September 2007

Heartstopper

That would be the participant guide for the TC Marathon which I received in the mail today.

Suddenly the whole thing is real, and I know this is only the start of the reality setting in, but it still scared the crap out of me for a moment. All those feelings returned of wondering if I can actually finish and if I'll make it. All I want is to not be picked up by the sweep bus and to finish under 6 hours so I can get a medal to prove I did it. That's all I want.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! I'll be along the route cheering on Heather, too, so if you need anything (water, gum, margaritas, er...maybe not)I'll have it. Good luck and remember its 90% mental!

KG

Megan said...

And trust me, you will be able to do it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by your own body. Maybe no 8-minute miles... but are you really doing this for the time? Do it for you. And to keep JB company. :)