04 September 2007

Reality check

A year ago if you had told me I'd be sitting on my couch (which at the time was in my mom's garage collecting dirt) watching baseball on television (Indians at the Twins tonight!) I would have said you were nuts.

Don't get me wrong. I love baseball, but until this year I've never really been one to sit down and watch a game anywhere, let alone on TV. Now you can find me checking box scores, reading the write-ups and tracking games at work via Gameday or ESPN, the latter especially when the Indians are playing an afternoon game.

Yesterday Zach and I (pics tomorrow)went to the dome to watch the afternoon game as the Indians beat the Twins, 5-0. My boy Garko had the only home-run and when I stood to cheer about 40 people surrounding me looked at me as if I was insane. I apologized, cheered a bit more and sat down. The gentleman in the yellow shirt next to me (I was like Curious George!) laughed and said I was blushing. Whatever.

Poor Zach, though. He's a Yankees fan but his mom wouldn't let me take him to the game back in April (it was a school night) so he had to settle for the Twins and Indians. But he was stoked that he did get to see Santana play, which he wanted, and 5 other All Stars: Sabathia, Martinez, Sizemore, Morneau, and Torii (dot dot) Hunter.

So alas, somehow I've become a strong Indians and baseball fan. I do like watching the games. I really enjoyed yesterday's game, I even cheered when Torii made an awesome catch and for the Twins double play they had against the Indians. It's all good. It's about the game.

And about the Indians winning. :)

No comments: