13 September 2007

It's Thursday!

First off I want to thank everyone who has helped me this week. To all of you who commented either on this writing or via email: You have helped me to feel better about this running gig I have coming up. I'll be okay even if I'm still scared shitless at times. Thank you for your inspiring words that have helped set my head straight again. I appreciate you all more than I can say. And at the end of October the movie about me (except played by a guy) will open (which was supposed to open at the end of this month) and all will be well again.

And to Beege. Girl, I am so lucky to know you (and M!). Thank you for your post and comments this week. I'd link to you here but I won't unless you say it's okay. Your words made me miss seminary and daily chapel services (which usually sucked but at least it was more than I'm getting here). What I miss is hearing the Gospel. I needed that. Thank you so much. (sorry for my mini-breakdown though) :)

-----

Today was a fun day at work. I got slightly high from oodles of toner from copiers and printers as I printed items for 70 packets I have to assemble for the weekend. Then I had a great lunch, running errands instead of miles and watching the geese flying around the lake. As I got back to work I spent 2 hours with the top men on base working out language in a very important letter. That was super fun. Seriously. Working with these guys restores my faith in the military. They really do have good heads on their shoulders and are looking toward the future of our unit. It's really cool to be a part of that, even as minor as it is (as the stenographer).

And tonight I watched Little Shop of Horrors while I began assembling my packets. I'm missing a few items that I'll have to add in tomorrow but at least I won't have all of it to do. I still haven't written my scenarios for the weekend. Procrastination it is not. I swear. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can totally link to me. I never mind it when people do.

It's sad, isn't it--that the gospel is so rare and there are so many who need to hear it. I think the hardest part is that you can't preach to yourself. It has to be an outside word...and let's face it: there just aren't too many people who are too terribly concerned with preaching the gospel.

Sad.

Love you.