17 September 2007

I love my gay boyfriends

Sometimes staying up late is a good thing. I just got off the phone with my awesome friend Chris Nelson. He's so fun. I miss hanging out and drinking with him. (By the way, Deb, E&K and JG – Chris says hi!)

He reminds me, though, of how crucial friendships are – especially those so far away. He mentioned people I haven't thought about in years (some have only been months or weeks) – LeeAnn, Scott, Scott, Jay, Leland (hi, leland!), Dan, Brent, Josh, and others. He commented that it took the Bridge Collapse for him to reconnect with many friends who are still in the cities and that it really shouldn't take a tragedy to do that.

And his most profound statement which cuts to the core: you can choose to be as busy as you want but when you aren't busy you will know just how alone you are.

I miss you, Chris!

No comments: