01 September 2007

I need to do something.

Today was a good but different day.

I woke up initially at 6, the weather cool and crisp flowing in from my window. It was so lovely I just had to curl back into bed and snooze. I did that for a few hours, actually, then got up and ran 7.5. I was stupid and didn't really eat breakfast – just a piece of toast with some PB.

RB met up with me and we ran – first mile felt good, 10 min; second mile was okay, 12 min; third mile was a little more rough, 13 min; then we half jogged, half walked the next mile; then back on the checking the time – mile 5 was 11 min. Pretty good, I thought considering it. I did realize that I usually can keep running if I do make that my goal, but I also learned that if I do walk for 20 feet or so to catch my breath that's better than walking for half a mile because I can't get my breath.

The rest was a half jog/half walk, mostly because I started to think about the marathon and had a slight breakdown wondering just how stupid I am for signing up. I have not been motivated lately to run. Of course this was day 5 of us running, so I'm sure part of it is that, but I don't know what's wrong with me.

I think a big part of it all is my diet. I know I've said this before but I really am not eating well. I used to try to stay disillusioned by telling myself my diet wasn't that bad, but here it is – I admit it – I suck. I eat horrible food and not enough in general. My normal daily intake is Marshmallow Treasures for breakfast (dry), a few twizzlers for mid-morning snack, run at noon – maybe eat lunch, maybe not – if I do eat lunch it's subway or tuna/cracker to go pack from the BX or a PB&J from the boys across the street, then some more twizzlers or rolos for the afternoon snack, and supper is always a guess – grilled cheese, maybe, spaghetti used to be my staple, WP pizza, or just popcorn. Writing this all down is just depressing.

So here's day zero. I know you're going to love this so I'm going to go back to my other blog and though I'm not going to be following SB as the intention of that blog was, I will be recording what I'm eating. If you'd like to yell at me or give me ideas for good things to eat, please visit that site.

I'll continue to blog here too. I need someplace to write nice things.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh how I understand. I have done a pretty good job of maintaining but need to get back to eating better. It's amazing how much better I feel when I do. We just have to remind ourselves that every day is a new day and we just need to do it.