19 September 2007

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

I'm not the best of joke tellers or joke players. It's never been a strongsuit of mine, but the other day I had a minor breakthrough.

A few weeks ago my RB's co-workers were giving him shit about his potty mouth and how they all swear more now since they've been hanging out with him. Then one of them started in about how soon I would start dropping the f-bomb all the time because we run together everyday.

RB told me this story while we were running that day, naturally, so we made a plan to get Z in the crossfire sometime when he would call for my boss.

And recently, it all came together:

Phone rings, Z's name on caller ID (my boss is gone – it's showtime!)
Moe: This is Moe (I answer with my name, just in case people are confused of whom they called)
Z: Hey, is the good boss in?
Moe: (plan in motion) How the fcuk should I know?
Z: (stammering) Wa..wa...uh...Moe, you can't talk to me like that. (in shock, not pissiness)
Moe: What? You think I'm his fcuking secretary?
Z: (still stammering) Moe! What's going on?! You can't say that!
I busted out laughing.
Moe: Z, I've been waiting WEEKS to do that!
Z: What?
Moe: (still laughing my ass off) RB told me you guys think he's rubbing off on me so we came up with this plan to say this the next time you called for the boss.
Z: (suddenly it dawns on him) Oh really. You guys planned this.
Moe: yep!

Then we got back to business and continued the phone call, the whole time I'm laughing my ass off. After we hung up, I immediately called RB and told him how I finally got Z. He busted out laughing and after we hung up the guys called him and started giving him shit again.

We know that work isn't supposed to be fun, but damn this is great.

No comments: