17 September 2007

I feel old

Today I'm feeling old. I'm sure I'll feel older three week from now, so maybe God's just testing my recovery abilities.

The weekend turned out really well. It was a bit frustrating the first day trying to get everyone to understand a) that we were playing the game, b) that they needed to play with us, and c) how the game needed to be played. Once we got that sorted out and a little training on how to phrase questions things went much smoother and day 2 rocked (except for that minor meltdown at the end when the evalutees missed their deadline(s) and the evaluator was frustrated as she was going to be late for a meeting because of the missed deadline.

Anyway...now it's time to write the reports. That'll be fun.

Oh and to add to my elderly feel, yesterday morning I bit down on a Twizzler and broke a tooth. I expected it to come as last week when I bit on a piece of popcorn a sharp pain flew through my head, but then went away. Sunday when I took a bite of a breakfast bar I felt that same pain again and I figured something was coming.

Anyway, I ended up spitting out the part of tooth in my hand, quickly scanned the Internet for what I should do and went to the bathroom to wash it off and stick it back in. I did and it actually stayed. In fact it'd probably still be there if I hadn't stopped at the dentist to ask them their advice.

So now I get to get a crown, if i can afford it, or fill the tooth like a cavity again. Fun Fun.

Yep, soon, I'll be testing for cataracts and buying my Geritol on line.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, have fun getting a crown. I've got a few and it's not an age thing. I got my first when I broke my front tooth at 12. Unfortunately crowns are expensive, but if you have a nice dentist you can pay in timely allotments.
When you start complaining about aches and it's not from exercise, then you can say you feel old, but not until then. ok? ok.
Victoria

~moe~ said...

Ah, victoria...most of the old feeling came from breaking it on a TWIZZLER - hello! It's not like that's a jawbreaker. If I had bit down on a Gobstopper and it had broken, that would have been one thing. But a Twizzler? Come on!