01 October 2007

This makes me feel a little better

I read this post today on Overheard. I do feel a little better that at least I know the distance for a marathon and a 5K. I'm not a complete running loser.

-----

On a better note, I've been reading – like, for fun! - which I shouldn't be doing because I do have tests I need to be studying for, but since I have very little focus this week with the upcoming event, I'm going to read to my heart's content (and hopefully finish them both).

So the first is Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips. This has really been an awesome book. My mom saw it today and wondered if there was something she needed to know. I said, no, I don't have cancer, which confused her as to why, then, I was reading the book. I heard about this one via Andrea's post and have to agree with her. It's really not just for those with cancer. It's about so much more. I could see myself in some of the writings – dealing with different stages in life, trying to explain your situation to others, hearing the wrong things back because people don't know how to respond, etc. It's really been a great book.

The other book is Eat, Pray, Love. I swear I first heard about this via Andrea but I can't find the post. Oh wait... there it is. (It helps to search). Anyway...this is a book about a 30-something woman who travels to “I” lands in search of herself. It's been great so far and I'm only in Italy. (India and Indonesia to follow). Again, she's dealing with situations I've never been in but I really find I can relate with her. It's scary but motivating all at the same time. I love this book. Like Andrea says, “I recommend buying this, reading it, then re-reading it immediately.”

2 comments:

Megan said...

(Sorry, typo'd the first one...)

While Italy could technically relate to eat, pray, and/or love, I'm gonna go on a limb and say she eats in Italy. Which is ironic, because Chris dropped over 20 pounds our first three months in Rome. Now that we're back, I'm afraid he'll turn manorexic on me. It's just... well, after a while, you want something other than pasta.

Ooh! But our new grocery store has a huge international foods section! It takes up almost the whole part of the end row display!

~moe~ said...

Got it in one! That's pretty much all she's doing. She didn't even go to museums - except the museum of pasta. :) I love this book.