11 October 2007

Here we go!

I keep starting and restarting this entry. I'm not sure what to write...it's like my life has reached its culmination, but yet it hasn't. I've been hobbling around the last few days contemplating my next step – literally and figuratively.

Step one was to start running again. I did that today. I had read an article yesterday that a marathoner needs to get out running as soon as possible but that often they will feel like they can run hard and can go hard core. But that's the wrong idea because it'll just cause a longer stretch of recovery. So I ran ¾ mile and then walked 1 ½ miles and then ran another ¾ mile.

This felt good but unfortunately my blisters from Sunday didn't enjoy any of it. Nor did the part of my foot just above my arch. (I really should learn anatomy) So tonight was step two – performing a little bit of surgery – popping the blisters. The worst part is having a blister under one of my toenails. The others I can handle...those are nothing new.

But now...what next? Do I move on to another marathon right away? Or do I wait a year and do TC again? I'm not sure. I don't know that I want to put off a marathon for another year. I got bored training for this one and it was only 9 months of training...what would it be like to add 3 more? So maybe I need to find one sooner. There is one in Florida in February but you add the registration costs, airline, hotel, etc. and it just seems too much.

But maybe I just need to take some time. Today I discovered that I enjoy running. It's nice to run when I don't have to think about mileage or time. And I am doing World Run Day in November. Fellow runners, sign up! Pick your own distance! Pick your own time! Get a t-shirt!

1 comment:

Snoskred said...

Ouch for blisters! But Yay for running, well done you!

Cheers,
Snoskred
www.snoskred.org