30 October 2007

It's like waiting for the clock to strike twelve during a High Noon shootout.

Ah yes, NaBloPoMo begins in a day or so...depending on when you're reading this. (Sign up if you dare!) And I have no idea how to run html so the badge at the right is from last year (thanks, JB!) and will have to suffice for this year as well.

The ironic thing is I'm running out of things to write about. I'm sure I'll come up with ideas but right now I'm feeling pretty empty.

So a few things that I have in my head now that don't really matter, are basically inconsequential but I will put here:

  • I took one of my many course exams last week and passed. I was initially upset with the score until my boss reminded me that GPA doesn't matter in these cases anymore, it's just pass/fail. Works for me. At least for right now. Today my other boss said we should have a party to celebrate my passing, and I asked for a stripe instead. It took him a minute to figure out what I meant, but I found it funny.
  • I had the joy of watching my niece and nephew on Saturday. Jake and I decorated cookies (lots of frosting and sprinkles) and Ava's almost walking solo. So much fun. I have pics, but I forgot my camera at work. I'll save those for NaBloPoMo.
  • I've been doing more Sudoku lately. It's supposed to work your brain, right? Well, the difficulty it's taking me to complete these lately is making me wonder just what is going on with my head.
  • I've also become slightly addicted to Free Samples. (I like getting mail.) I found the site The Bargainist and they have freebies listed where you can sign up and they'll send you stuff. It's kind of fun, because it takes 4-6 weeks for delivery so it's like a surprise in your box! One word to the wise, if you decide you'd like more mail too, get a generic email address so you don't end up with a bunch of spam.

Okay, so that's all I have right now. Hopefully more will come soon.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Did you update to the new Blogger format yet? If so, all you have to do is click on "layout" from the dashboard, click "add a page element", choose "html item" or whatever it's called, and paste the link in. Then you can drag-and-drop the item to wherever you want on the blog. I swear, it's super-easy.

Victoria said...

you dangerous dangerous woman! Don't be telling me about sites like the bargainist! I don't need more stuff and this is way too enticing.
If you try to write an entry each day, I will try to read it each day.