05 October 2007

How long do you like to run?


This makes me laugh. (Click on the picture to read it better) Weather.com has a calorie calculator you can look at when you check weather. It's a nice feature -you know, you're checking the forecast, seeing the hours it's going to rain and when it's not, planning your workout so why not check how many calories you can burn in a set amount of time?

So I did...I figure 5:30 for the marathon Sunday AM, put in my weight, which yes I'm showing everyone here - I do need to lose some but now is not the time to be thinking that (a little late, moe!), and calculated how many calories I will burn. Nice! Over 3000! Sweet.

But note the Tip below that calculation: I could burn twice as many if only I'd run 11 hours instead of 5:30! Wow! Why didn't I think of that?!

Ha! Like that'll EVER happen.

No comments: