05 October 2007

Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day.

JB informed me today that the local radio stations for the marathon are saying that if there is thunder and lightening (esp. the latter) on Sunday they'll cancel the marathon. Uh, hello? I don't think so. I haven't put this much work and stress and sweat and tears into training and preparing for nothing! Though as my brother said, at least I get a weekend away. Which is good but bad. I want to do this. I'm almost mentally there. I'm almost physically there. I'm as close as I'm going to get and I want to do it and have it done.

Then I can go on to the next.

Yes, I said the next. I'm probably thinking too far ahead now, but I don't think this'll be my last one. But who knows. My friend AS ran one, this one in fact, and the other night he said he'd never run another one. And HE was the cross-country star in high school. Interesting.

But whatever...I need to do this and I want to do it now. Then I can figure out what I want to do afterward.

Tomorrow I'm going to sleep in a little, but not too much, then see Keith for my pre-race massage. JB and I are going to pick up our packets after and then Debbie and I are having supper (I think). Then bed early because I'll need my rest and I have to get up slightly earlier than normal.

Of course as I type this, there's a bit of lightening in the area. Great...

No comments: