22 May 2010

It's the wrong time of year, I know

I'm trying to find my Discardia moment. I missed it in March and I'm not sure I can wait until the end of June to start on this stuff.

I've been sorting through a bunch of papers, receipts, magazines, etc, that I've had in a box lid the past few months. I finally put a bunch of it in the burn box and have the recycling box filling up. But I also have the "Pile to Read". At least it's not as big as it once was.

The bad thing is I have always sorted on the floor and in a horseshoe around where I sit. So I have this huge space taken up with piles of a few papers all organized pretty like. What happens is I usually stack these, put them in a box and then in a few weeks go through them again - spreading them out in the horseshoe and hopefully whittling it down a little further. The cycle continues.

I really need to get a file cabinet. Really Really bad. Maybe I can talk MS into getting me one tomorrow after Zach & Em's b-day party. I think that would help. I could sort it into the files right away, even having files of "to-read" but they would at least be off my floor.

This might be the next best step. Until then, I'm going to just keep sorting and hopefully finding more to shred/burn and recycle.

No comments: