10 August 2006

Still see-sawing (aka the “especially” post)

I can’t seem to get off this damn thing. I never liked it as a kid…especially when the other kid would jump off and I’d slam on the ground and my butt would hurt from the impact. I’m hoping that things level off and I don’t slam my ass back into the ground with this one. Ugh.

My problems seem small…especially compared to all the kids starving in the US and beyond, especially compared to all the terrorist idiots out there being stupid, especially compared to emergency surgeries and being out of work until you heal, especially compared to the homeless panning for ‘gold’ on the street corners throughout the cities, especially compared to hell.

Yet the whiner in me wishes for some attention from people I ask for it from – not hanging up on me to talk to your latest boyfriend, not walking away from me in the middle of the conversation just because you’re done – at least have the courtesy to tell me you’re finished talking to me or let his message go to voice mail and call him back. Because see – I understand that other people are going through shit too…but if you’re going to offer to listen, then listen.

Ouch…maybe I just slammed to the bottom.

Wait, nevermind. I’m fine. Happy-go-lucky. I just need to bake. That’s what I’m missing…baking. Me thinks it especially be a pie night. mmm CSI and pie…there really is nothing better.

No comments: