23 August 2006

s l o w

2 weeks, 2 days

16 days…

It seems like a lifetime. So much has happened in these last couple weeks. The time has flown by – it seems like only yesterday I was at guards finishing up the paper, but yet it seems months ago that we did that. I’m excited since it should be coming out today, yet I’m also nervous because there were so many issues with putting it together – I just hope it looks right.

The last couple weeks have meant a lot of changes in lives around me. Jobs, relationships, health – it’s amazing how quickly things can change.

Life is too short. Why do we try so desperately to speed through things? Shouldn’t we be taking the time to relish it? Enjoying the beautiful weather? Spending time with loved ones as often as we can?

I’m guilty of this as well, but maybe it’s time to change. Change seems to be in the air, maybe I need to change more too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing on the way into work today. Songs are written about it and it is always in the back of our minds, but, why don't we live every day like it could be our last day on earth? Why don't we treat people like we would want to be treated? Why do we let the Debbie Downers get us down? We should be able to control this with a simple under your breath statement like 'I'm not going to let this person or this situation ruin my day'. Yeah, easy to say but hard to do. I wonder if these self-help authors practice what they preach, or do they scream at the top of their lungs at the driver in front of them who refuses to get out of the damn passing lane. Boy that was a long sentence. My inglish is not so good.
Life is sure hard, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Say Moe, thanks for letting me vent on your blog. I'm just trying to generate more comments on your site. Anyway! "ClUe-LeSs"