30 August 2006

Does it make me immoral?

Six years ago I went to a famous restaurant with 11 other friends, all whom happened to be male. It was a pleasant time, as I and Matt both had gift certificates for the location and we ended up only having to pay for our drinks. A sweet deal and great afternoon, all in all.

What made it interesting is because of the type of restaurant and the reputation it holds, a few women who lived in my dorm were quite upset because the men had gone there. They attacked Matt for taking others with him and said he was violating the Beatitudes. During this ‘discussion’ I mentioned I had gone too. Oh the fury in this woman’s eyes.
We found out later that she had lit candles and had a prayer vigil for us and our souls.

Imagine how she’d feel if she found out I went again last night. Hmmm.

So what causes this place to become a place considered sinful? Just because the girls are scantily dressed? Hell, you can see more skin at the Ice Capades or in the mall or at the fair. This seems pretty tame, especially when they’re wearing nylons and hi-top Reeboks with poofy socks from the 80s. Besides the wings are good!

2 comments:

jb said...

the fair ...

Anonymous said...

The restaurant that you are failing to name I believe is Hooters. The name itself has several meanings. Bird callers are sometimes refered to as Hooters, not to mention people who wear round glasses. They look like the wise ol' Owl. Now for the nitty gritty. Cover your eyes Mom but womens breasts have been refered to as Hooters since Al Brooks started making movies. Possibly long before that. So, I agree, the wings are great but the name still gives moms a bad feeling. Anyway