06 July 2011

Stuck in my head

Today would have been my parents' 49th wedding anniversary. Sadly, Dad's been gone 17 years now. It's too bad. I do miss him and think he would have been a lot of fun to be around these days, for a myriad of reasons.

But my struggle is that while I'm at work, I find myself wishing I were at home or out running; and then when I'm at home or out running, I find myself thinking about all the things I could be getting accomplished at work.

Today was actually a productive day - I got a lot done, but not nearly enough. And while I worked through lunch, making today even longer, I felt the need to leave as soon as I possibly could, only to find, once I was home, that I had a laundry list of things I should have been finishing before tomorrow.

This isn't a new problem, but it's one I don't know how to fix.

No comments: