10 July 2007

Sometimes you just know

Today has been a rough day. Not completely; granted I had some really good moments. But overall, looking back, this was a rough day. It's weird actually...I'm feeling a bit like Felicia in Witches of Eastwick when she says to her husband, “Something is inside me, Clyde. Something is crawling inside me. I can feel it. Something evil.” Not that I'm going to throw up cherries or anything but still...I just feel bitter or something...

It's one of those things. As June came to an end, I looked ahead to July (as most people do) and I knew, just glancing at my schedule, that July was going to be both an icky and a great month. It would be rough. I knew that...I knew it as June ended, and I should have done something about it. I should have prepared better, I should have been eating better to prepare, I should have ran more, I should have gotten laid or something just to make June end well as a sure-to-be rough month loomed ahead.

But did I? No, of course not! That would be too logical. Instead I ended June trying to get over an illness, feeling lathargic and crappy from it, and stressed and tensed out for the upcoming week-long family reunion/one week of work/two weeks of deployment. Things were coming at me faster than I could say 'boo' and I just wanted to curl up and hide from it all.

Last week was actually great to see the family again. And despite a few extremely tense moments, I had a great time. We met up in the Wisconsin Dells and went to a water park, a train museum, rode the duck boats, swam and drank a lot. It was great. I spent the weekend recouping by holing up in my apartment with Harry Potter and my computer (yes, I know I didn't blog – sorry).

Today was my first day back to work in 10 days. And as expected, it was tense. I have a lot to get done in four days and on top of that there's this form that has to be filled out for someone's promotion and it's fallen on me to do it. There's a whole story surrounding this and I won't go into it but it's really frustrating to me that I have to do this because others didn't. Another person who was up for a similar promotion had all the paperwork filled out before he even met the promotion board, but the owner of the one that I have to fill out doesn't even seem concerned about it. But it has to be done this week and I'm just annoyed.

Then I went to buy a new camera for the two week trip starting Sunday and Best Buy is out and now I live in a town where there is only ONE Best Buy. How is that possible? Oh yeah, I live in the sticks.

So I'm a little sad and frustrated right now. Sorry.

I am thankful for the little, vital things that keep me going – a great email from a friend I miss a lot, a movie that same friend's husband likes because it reminds him of college, the All-Star game and salsa from Harry & David. Hopefully I'll pull out of my funk. Sorry folks.

1 comment:

Sophzilla said...

I hope you are funkless! I saw a mug that you should have. It goes something like this: "I've tried gardening, meditation, massage and therapy.. and I still want to slap someone."

You're still groovy even when funky. :)