14 July 2007

Retail Therapy

My friend Debbie is awesome at retail therapy. Often hers takes place at the Galleria and specifically Tiffany's (the little blue boxes just chase the blues away!). I can't quite afford that location though and I've never been a fan of retail therapy.

I think, unfortunately for me, that I have taken retail therapy upon myself lately. A few months back I bought this fabulous computer I'm typing upon; I've purchased my Guthrie season tickets for next year (not that I've received them yet – note to self: call them and see!); I bought Jonathan Adler sheets; I went back to contact lenses and broke one Thursday so essentially I bought 1 and ½ pairs in the space of 3 weeks; and, yes, Karen, I bought that camera.

Now, to be fair, I bought the camera to help me with my work trip I have. I need a good camera I can succeed with, and my point and click doesn't work.

So I now have a Nikon D40. And it's so pretty! I love it, especially that it feels like a camera, that the pictures turn out awesome, and that I feel like a photographer. I'm really excited about it.

The bad thing about all this is, I'm running out of money. Not a good thing. Retail therapy is great in that it helps you feel good after the crappiest week ever (save bits and pieces and one day), but the credit card bill that follows just causes undue (or overdue, depending on when you pay it off) stress.

No comments: