14 July 2007

What the hell am I doing?

Like I said here, I knew this week was going to be rough. And it has been – maybe not as bad as it could have been (like today when I was falling apart and my friend asked if someone had died and I said no, they said – well it can't be that bad then) – but in the scheme of things it hasn't been the best.

Monday was great, Tuesday was rough, Wednesday I work up at 2:30am and couldn't get to sleep again until after 4. Of course then when the alarm went off at 5:45 I was extremely exhausted but had to get ready for work.

Wednesday was an okay day, but not great. I started off by apologizing to one of my bosses for my crappy behavior on Tuesday, then I just tried to function. It was crazy busy and I can't even remember how things went at work. That night my niece had a great T-ball game, but unfortunately my nephew did not have a very good baseball game. I won't even mention the score here – it was just heartbreaking.

Thursday I woke up late and my contact broke, so I was back in glasses. It's amazing how quickly one can get used to not having to wear something on your face all day long. The highlight was getting my camera that I had ordered Wednesday. YAY Circuit City!

Friday I was still in glasses and trying desperately to get things completed. I worked late, had some issues with my contact that made me want to cry (but they sorted out) and did a lot of laundry.

Today was absolutely hectic. It's one of those days that makes me feel like a technician. I'll have to explain that sometime. It's a little more detailed tan I want to do here. Anyway...at the end of the day everything had just culminated and I finally fell apart. That was good since it was cleansing, but so very bad for the location that it happened. You know...I can't go into it again. Let's just say it was bad...very bad.

Okay, so anyway...I'm heading off for a fabulous week. I need this so called “vacation” according to my friend. And even though I was just gone last week, I think he's right. It's not really a vacation – I'm actually going to work, but it'll be fun work. I'm spending a week taking pictures and another week creating a yearbook of the pictures. I can't wait, honestly. It'll be grand fun.

And God willing I'll get to see My November Guest! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take a few deep breaths and know that this too shall pass.

Karen Elizabeth said...

YEAH!! You will see me! Can't wait to hear about your camp experience, am a camp nerd myself..I actually impersonated a giraffe in front of high schoolers, willingly and with full knowledge that "cool" is something I will never be. We all laugh so hard! hope you don't have to pretend to be animals, but if you do we can exchange tips...cuz llamas are kind of hard to do.