30 July 2007

And a few more

The middle of nowhere – almost literally. I took this gravel road on a whim as I was out driving around. I had started going down the scenic byway of Spearfish Canyon, missed every turn I wanted to take until I saw this one to Deerfield Lake. Since I didn't get to hike it the first time I thought, "Why not?" So I turned down and ended up really in the middle of nowhere for a very long time until I made it to the lake. This was a nice quiet area where I refilled my water bottle and took a couple pics. After driving on this road, my car was covered with dust and when I shut the boot on my Mini, dirt literally fell off the car. Awesome.


And most important: My new running shoes (on the right)! I'm almost to 400 miles on my current shoes (on the left) and I need to get the new ones broke in for the marathon – woohoo! I love the Runner's Shop! The owners are friends of my college roommate's parents. (How's that for a Kevin Bacon moment) The cool thing is they keep the shoes you buy in the computer and can pull them up. The ones on my left were my first pair of Brooks which I turned out to love, so I wanted another one. The bad thing is that as Brooks updates their collection they change colors, apparently with more feminine options - so this time they're purple - well lavender really but still. ICK! Oh well, I can be feminine, I guess.


No comments: