24 July 2007

I don't have a title for this post

I'll start this with a minor apology – I wasn't here last night to write to y'all and I still haven't downloaded my awesome pics with My November Guest. Sorry.

But the last two days have been very productive. It's interesting being back on the 5-day work week. I haven't done this in months. We still start at 7 and we're supposed to be done at 4, but of course, I, being the workaholic I am, work til 5:30 as usual. I'm so stupid. BUT my colleague and I are getting a ton done and have a very good possibility of finishing everything this week (which was my goal from the beginning). At least we'll finish all that we can finish this week – the main project. Some items have to wait until Don comes back and that's not until Monday.

So our projects are cool – one is a slideshow my colleague is working on; the other is a pseudo yearbook. Both projects are filled with the pics we took last week of the Youth Camp. Her project includes music, of course, and mine is just my own natural flair. I did have to take a good lunch break today and downshift from the 'professional image' thinking I had in mind and go towards the 'cheesy' mindset instead. Not that having pics of kids on the cover is cheesy, but when I had a this cleancut, awesome cover and now I have to fade it out and add pics of kids being kids, it hurts my professional side just a wee bit. But I will say that watching “Everyone Loves Raymond” during lunch does help to ease the transition.

I haven't done much touring of the area (my original intent). Our later work nights aren't that big a deal, and I can even deal with the fact I have a cold - again, but the heat is killing me. It was 77 this morning at 7am when I was going to work and 108 when I got off work at 5:30. When I went to Target 90 minutes later it was still 104. Ugh. And what's bad is there are places I want to go. Sunday I went to a cool lake MNG had suggested but didn't hike because it was hot as blazes and I didn't have adequate supplies for the 10 miles around it (even though I really wanted to). Maybe tomorrow night. Of course, if my projects go well, I'll be back here next year so I can catch what I missed this year then, right?

Of course, as I type that, I'm reminded of a co-worker who died over the weekend in a motorcycle crash. Life is too short. Which also makes me wish I could just not have to work and could travel to be with my friends. JG I miss you! K and E – I can't wait to see you in August! MT – I'd love to visit you in London! JB I'll see you in August too! And there's still the inevitable marathon in my future.

Suddenly, I'm tired.

1 comment:

Karen Elizabeth said...

the heat out here is deadly. I was so hot on monday and tuesday I thought about ending it all. I kept drinking water all day but never had to pee...sounds gross but that's life in the outdoors. So glad you checked out Deerfield Lake. Pretty drive out there- at least I think so. We got so much rain last night!! I was completely soaked- and it felt great, though the lightening was a bit scary. Hope all is well. Hopefully cooler weather will give you more energy?